Tuesday, January 1, 2008

GOOD NEWS for the NEW YEAR!!

A.M. Dr. gave Lila some very positive feed back. Dr. felt like we were on the recovery side of the virus. While, she is still having some crackling noises in her lungs, it seems to be improving. In order to go home Lila must begin coming off of the oxygen. We have reduced her oxygen by half and she is responding extrememly well. So well that we've reduced it again. Her heart rate is down and her O2 Sats are staying high. She is not laboring to breath hardly at all. It has been her most peaceful day by far. The nurses that saw her a couple of days ago are very impressed with the progress she has made. Hopefully we will be home soon!! She does have to be completely off Oxygen for at least 24 straight hours before being released. If we don't get her off today, we should start tomorrow. Thank you for all the prayers.

4 comments:

Ashley Collins said...

I'm just now getting on the computer since Christmas and the trip. We have been praying for Lila and it's great to hear the good news from the doctor. We will continue to pray for all of you during this stressful time.

Unknown said...

We are so happy that Lila is getting better!Hope all of you get to go home soon. Love Kim

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about Lila until this morning when I looked at your site! I'm so sorry. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for any of you. I hope Judson is well and this sweet baby girl gets well and goes home soon.

Please give me a call when you get home and settled in. I would love to bring your dinner one night.

Judy

The Collins Clan of TN said...

Glad to hear that Lila is recovering well and hopefully can return home today...we will continue to pray for her in the days to come !!! Kirk, Tara, and CKC2